Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Brave Intuitive Process for Finding Your Own Art Style

This book hits my 5-star list, here, on this blog.  It not only helps you let go, be bold, and unfold - as the subtitle suggests, but it gives tips on creating a life and art that you love.  The intuitive mind holds many secrets - or, we can open up to our intuition and live according to what our inner-voice is telling us.  I guess that it the gist that I got from reading this book.  I also did a step-by-step painting exercise according to the *prompts* which the artist lists in the book to paint by.  I chose one, as my format for the review and came out with a painting I don't hate.  And, truly, it was through a process that could easily be loved.  Painting by letting go of fear - fear of failure, fear of the competition, and also letting go of the mind and lines from photographs, she sort of teaches you that your hand is creating the line as your mind does, not according to a photograph you feel you must represent, or anything else, at all.  If you haven't tried it, you should.  The best way is either take a workshop or class from an intuitive painter - but the second best, I think, is this book.  It really didn't skip a thing, and I'm not sure any art class goes into helping you find a creative life as much as your creative style.

Watch a video review of Brave Intuitive Paintinghere!


Or, just get yourself these books:
Brave Intuitive Painting-Let Go, Be Bold, Unfold!: Techniques for Uncovering Your Own Unique Painting Style
Brave Intuitive Painting: An Art Journal For Living Creatively

No comments:

Post a Comment